About Me

My photo
Lover of anything vintage. I spend my free time looking at antiques,watching and collecting classic films,and reading some of the greatest literary classics known to man.This blog is just my way of sharing my interests with other people.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Day of Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
I'd like to keep this post short and to the point, because I know I've got some wonderful friends and tasty turkey waiting for me, and I'm sure you do as well.

"...Ah! On Thanksgiving day, when from East and from West,
From North and from South comes the pilgrim and guest;
When the grey-haired New Englander sees round his board
The old broken links of affection restored,
When the care-wearied man seeks his mother once more,
And the worn matron smiles where the girl smiled before,
What moistens the lip and brightens the eye?
What calls back the past, like the rich pumpkin pie?..."
-Excerpt from "The Pumpkin" by John Greenleaf Whittier

We truly do hope that you have a wonderful thanksgiving, with fantastic food, and the even better opportunity to be surrounded by people you love.
And we'd also like to remind you to truly meditate on what you are thankful for, because no matter what you are going through, grace always abounds.
Not only that, but we'd like to share a challenge with you: today, when you sit down at your table for your Thanksgiving meal, look around you at all of the people sharing this day with you, and don't just be thankful for them, but love them as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment