About Me

My photo
Lover of anything vintage. I spend my free time looking at antiques,watching and collecting classic films,and reading some of the greatest literary classics known to man.This blog is just my way of sharing my interests with other people.

Friday, December 16, 2011

"In the air, there's a feeling of Christmas.."

A Very Vintage Christmas post #6
I'm so sorry that I'm late with this post.I guess it's a good thing that I forewarned you with the last one that I was going to be busy,so it was possible that this would happen.
So,I'm going to pretend that this is actually Thursday,which means another classic Christmas song for you!
"City sidewalks, busy sidewalks
Dressed in holiday style.
In the air, there's a feeling of Christmas.
Children laughing, people passing
Meeting smile after smile
And on every street corner you hear
Silver bells, silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city.
Ring-a-ling, hear them sing.
Soon it will be Christmas day."
This song was written by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans, and was actually first recorded by Bing Crosby in 1950.It was very popular when released as a single. So popular that it became an added track to Crosby's Christmas album, Merry Christmas, when re-released in 1951.
You can listen to the Bing Crosby version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8HdU0XNBJ4&ob=av2n
Like most classic Christmas songs, Silver Bells has been recorded many times by many different people.It's not exactly my favorite Christmas song, but the Bing Crosby version is good,and, even though it's not vintage, I have to post a link to my favorite version of the song.
There's your classic Christmas song for the week!
Sorry, once again, that it was late.
Please subscribe and comment, whether good or bad.
Follow @Think_Classic on Twitter for regular updates.
Have a very merry and a Very Vintage Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment