About Me

My photo
Lover of anything vintage. I spend my free time looking at antiques,watching and collecting classic films,and reading some of the greatest literary classics known to man.This blog is just my way of sharing my interests with other people.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the new page for Think Classic!
I really hope you like it.
I just figured I would try something a little different for the new year.
A little on the bright side? Yes, I know. But it's fun, and still vintage, so I think it will work for a while even if it's not permanent.
Just a forewarning though--As you can see, the text colors I have been using for the last year or so just aren't working as well with the new layout and background, so I will be playing around with what colors work.Right now I'm thinking: dark pink for key words, powder blue for dates/numbers, and pastel purple for titles, etc.
I also want to extend my apologies for being absent for a little while.
You know how the holidays go. I was traveling, and didn't always have internet access, and starting back to school, etc.
But I'm getting cozily settled back into my routine again, so I should be getting back on my horse and getting this show on the road.So, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience.
Now, I have a couple announcements:
First, just a heads-up, that I will be doing a post on TCM Star of the Month Angela Lansbury this Sunday, January 15. So look out for that.
Second, I am interested in doing a little contest. We'll see if this is actually achievable, but I would like to do some sort of a photo contest, where the winner will get their own brief background mention in a post that also includes a write up on who they would pick for Star of the Month and why. I think I'll tie up all the loose ends of this idea and the official details will be included at the end of the post for Angela Lansbury.
So, I think that's about it for now.
I'm so excited about a whole new year of posts on everything classic and vintage. A whole new year of being able to share my passion.
Welcome back, if you're one of my faithful followers, and just plain welcome if you're just joining us here at Think Classic!
Don't forget to follow @Think_Classic on Twitter for regular updates.
And comment, whether good or bad, as always. You have no idea how great it is to get feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment